The Project Manager Consultant has overall responsibility for technical project delivery throughout the life cycle (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing). The role is focus is on delivering successful projects within the approved scope, time and cost, accompanied by highly satisfied customers and project team members. This is accomplished by effectively managing resources across the enterprise and employing project management best practices with respect to people, processes and tools.
- Manages all aspects of assigned projects to meet objectives for integration, scope, time, budget, resources, quality, communications, risks, procurement, and stakeholders.
- Verifies project requirements with all stakeholders.
- Works with management to identify project resources needed and assigns roles and responsibilities.
- Creates and maintains project schedules and plans ensuring all details are accurate and up to date.
- Creates and manages the project budget.
- Ensures team members are reporting time accurately on a weekly basis.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses.
- Ensures timely and accurate project invoicing.
- Defines and manages the change control process related to any project variance.
- Proactively identifies and manages project dependencies to ensure project deliverables stay within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Defines and manages project risk identification and mitigation through project stakeholder interactions.
- Proactively identifies and manages issues and escalates in a timely manner when needed.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date project management deliverables in a centralized repository accessible to the project team, with appropriate version control, quality reviews and sign off points secured.
- Provides meaningful reporting and keeps management and key stakeholders informed of progress, milestones, budget, issues, risks, change requests, and new opportunities.
- Initiates and maintains constructive relationships with project stakeholders throughout the life of the project.
- Organizes and chairs meetings as defined in the communication plan, and ad hoc as the project requires.
- Conducts customer satisfaction survey for project delivery effectiveness at project closure.
- Identifies, documents, and communicates lessons learned.
- Identifies, evaluates, develops and implements project management best practices across the organization.
- Adheres to established project management practices.
- Supports Sales Team in contract creation and/or identifies opportunities to sell products and services during project delivery.
- Promotes the PMO as a customer-focused organization that provides high quality project delivery, demonstrating a confident and professional image to our customers.
- Actively engages in opportunities to learn and develop, both in terms of own development and new technologies.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- At least 3 - 5 years professional project management experience in applications, software, hardware, and engineered systems solutions of increasing project size and complexity
- At least 2 years professional project management experience with one or more Oracle solutions (e.g., EBS, ASCP, OCI, OIM, OAM, SOA, OBIEE, Hyperion, EDQ, WebCenter, Exadata, Oracle RDBMS, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Project management certification
- Professional services consulting
- Ability to travel as needed
- Project management experience with Cloud solutions (OCI, AWS, Azure) preferred
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, concise, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Innovate: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Customer-Focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external Customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
If interested, contact Dan Woodson of Kforce @ 216-643-8112 or email him at: