At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Manages all aspects of equipment projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with limited resources. Responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of equipment projects. Accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work, schedule, and budget.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex equipment applications.
- Communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Compares estimated ship dates with contractors’ project schedule.
- Controls expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; and milestones.
- Generates work orders for equipment start-ups.
- Coordinates with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Responsible for the optimization/validation of the equipment to include selection of size, configuration, voltage, options, etc. of the HVAC equipment by reviewing the plans, specifications, original estimate and proposal.
- Responsible for evaluating possible cost savings and/or cost problems that will occur on various projects.
- Validates project scope by reviewing transition documents, plans and specs; listing possible cost savings and problems; planning EQ/ VPP dollar breaks; and validating quantities and configurations.
- Supports sales and develops preliminary submittals and/or final submittals as required.
- Responsible for preparing the correct equipment for order entry.
- Optimizes expenses by negotiating prices with vendors for materials.
- Validates outside equipment and service purchase prices.
- Documents work by maintaining files for each job.
- Obtains and validates vendor submittals.
- Responsible for holding job cost consensus meeting and submittal release and makes any necessary changes.
- Generates and distributes final submittal.
- Modifies equipment pricing as necessary and reconciles job costs as necessary.
- Maintains competitive advantage and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; or a minimum of four (4) years of project management, equipment, HVAC or related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with HVAC systems and temperature equipment preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.