The PMI Southwest Ohio Chapter Mentoring Program provides mentoring opportunities for current members. This program is designed to encourage and facilitate growth in project management knowledge, professionalism, and skills in alignment with PMI and Southwest Ohio Chapter goals. The PMI Southwest Ohio Mentoring Team will facilitate the pairing of mentor / mentee after receiving completed applications. The mentoring relationships will be conducted between the mentor / mentee pairs with the meeting frequency and schedule agreed upon at the beginning of the program. The partners will then conduct their meetings, give one another feedback and rate the overall program. The time commitment will be up to the mentoring pair. However, a minimum of 1-2 hours per month is highly recommended. To apply for this program all participants must be a member of the PMI Southwest Ohio Chapter.
Mentoring is a professional relationship in which an experienced person (the mentor) assists another (the mentee) in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance the less-experienced person’s professional and personal growth. Thus, it is basically a learning and development partnership between someone with skills and expertise and someone who wants to learn.
The program provides mentors with an opportunity to:
- Enhance leadership skills by sharing their knowledge and experience
- Assist with skills like problem-solving and goal-setting
- Act as guides and advisors
- Create an innovative environment
- Build present and future alliances
- Grow their reputation within and outside their community
The program provides mentees with an opportunity to, for example:
- Learn from experienced project managers
- Reflect on effects of personal attributes and behaviors
- Define professional goals and use relevant methods to achieve them
- Have access to an alternate line of communication for project related matters
PMI Southwest Ohio Mentoring Program Application for Mentees
The following applications provides the basis for making appropriate pairings between Mentors and Mentees. The more detailed information provided, the better able the Program Manager is to match you with a mentoring partner.
Interested in becoming a mentor? Click here to apply.
Mentees, please click here to to apply.