PMI SWO Chapter Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - Virtual Only 2021
The Chapter is concerned and aware of the risks of the Coronavirus Pandemic, locally & around the globe. The following updates have been made to this notice:
- 11 Aug 2021 - All PMI Southwest Ohio activities and events will be held virtually through remainder of 2021, and will launch an "In-person Events Committee" to provide guidance & policies in late Q4-2021 for returning in-person for early Q1-2022. Please sign up here to join the In-Person Events Committee! It has and still is a difficult & complex situation to navigate, and this was not taken lightly; it was decided by PMI SWO Board vote from information gathered in PMI public member forums, PMI public member survey, 25 July 2021 Guidance for PMI GHQ, local guidance across the Tri-state, local & regional employer guidance, and overall governing & advising bodies globally.
- 20 April 2021 - All PMI Southwest Ohio activities and events will only be held virtually through October 2021, where we will revisit the risks in August 2021 for impact & options for the rest of Q4 2021.
- 01 June 2020 - All PMI Southwest Ohio activities and events will only be held virtually through Q1-2021, where we will revisit the risks & environment in April.
- 18 April 2020 - All PMI Southwest Ohio activities and events will only be held virtually as the chapter is concerned and aware of the risks of the coronavirus. As a result, we have canceled all face-to-face events until June.
Because the situation continues to rapidly evolve, we may make further adjustments to our scheduled events and we will continue to communicate those changes as soon as possible on our website.
If you have any questions about our Chapter’s activities or events please reach out to any of our Board members.
- Get vaccinated if you are able to
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- Practice Social Distancing
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people
- Do not gather in large groups
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
- Smile and/or use the Namaste greeting while Social Distancing
- Self-quarantine for 14 days if you:
- are experiencing symptoms - fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- have been exposed to the virus through another event, or individual(s) known to have been exposed.
- Wash hands for at LEAST 20 SECONDS or use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol after:
- you have been in a public place
- blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close physical contact with others.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
Updates from PMI–GHQ (Global Headquarters) Coronavirus (COVID-19)
PMI-GHQ is continuously monitoring the situation arising from coronavirus (COVID-19) daily. Click here for COVID-19 updates regarding:
- PMI Certification Candidates
- PMI GHQ Events Impacted – virtual, postponed, and virtual - reconfigured
- PMI GHQ Resource Hub - free resources, virtual events a sneak peek of new digital offerings