Mentoring is a professional relationship in which an experienced person (the mentor) assists another (the mentee) in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance the less-experienced person’s professional and personal growth. Thus, it is basically a learning and development partnership between someone with skills and expertise and someone who wants to learn.
The program provides mentors with an opportunity to:
- Enhance leadership skills by sharing their knowledge and experience
- Assist with skills like problem-solving and goal-setting
- Act as guides and advisors
- Create an innovative environment
- Build present and future alliances
- Grow their reputation within and outside their community
The program provides mentees with an opportunity to, for example:
- Learn from experienced project managers
- Reflect on effects of personal attributes and behaviors
- Define professional goals and use relevant methods to achieve them
- Have access to an alternate line of communication for project related matters
PMI Southwest Ohio Mentoring Program Application for Mentees
The following applications provides the basis for making appropriate pairings between Mentors and Mentees. The more detailed information provided, the better able the Program Manager is to match you with a mentoring partner.