Calling All Recent CAPMs!
We are looking for recent CAPMs to share their exam experience with our newest Career Academies senior class of 2024. Could you spend about two hours with us to share anything you remember from your experience?
- Usually about two hours end to end, plus travel time if you’re going onsite.
- Ideally onsite at a local Cincinnati High School or remotely login (live before June 2024 or remote only until live again August 2024 - May 2025).
- Select a time with the instructor & PMISWO AVP based upon the academic calendar and bell schedule.
- You review questions in advance (see below) and decide your best way to prep, if any is needed.
- Record your session, if agreeable, so we can use it for other classes or future cohorts.
- What is your job now and why did you take the exam?
- How did you prepare for the exam and on what schedule? Any tips for classroom time vs personal time?
- Where did you take the exam? What did you have to do to check in for identification, secure your belongings, etc?
- What was the exam center & workstation like to work with? How did the scratch paper work versus question format to cross out? Anything else to note on the experience?
- In what exam content areas did you feel you were strongest and why? How did that change your study & practice?
- In what exam content areas did you feel you were weakest and why? How did that change your study & practice?
- What would you have done differently to prepare? What was the best tool for you to prep?
- What did the grading screen look like? How long did it take to load your results? How did you celebrate when you passed?
- How do you handle continuing education and will you take it again in 5yrs, or are you looking at PMP?
- What value do you believe CAPM provides to the market? Why do you think it gives a competitive advantage in finding a job?
*We’d also like to offer the Students some Q&A time.
Lacey Strete, AVP of Secondary Ed Outreach & PMI SWO Chapter Past President
A Personal Message from Lacey
As a founding member and volunteer of our Chapter PM Academies and High School Programs, now well over a decade ago, I’m proud to represent the amazing work of our PMI Southwest Ohio Chapter Community, Partnership with Transform Consulting in Curriculum Architecture, and enablement across our global communities of other Chapter and as PMI Educational Foundation liaison. I love the adventures and lessons that come from our students and partners as the Chapter’s lead for these strategic partnerships, content creators, and community features affiliated with High School PM Academy.
We have many different ways that we feature Project Management in secondary education with PMI GHQ partnership and locally, especially in our unmatched approach to scalability and self-sustainability developed in the PMI SWO Chapter Partnership model. Specifically in the advanced maturity at our originating incubator, Deer Park Schools Career Academies, we are much further ahead than anywhere else and continue to be recognized globally for our local impact & achievements - including the first CAPM Seniors ever achieved globally!